Benefits of Signature Medical Facial
Our Signature Medical Facial is a skin treatment which is used to improve and smooth out the surface of the facial skin. A chemical solution is used to remove top layers of skin which allows the dead surface skin to peel off. The peeling process leads to new skin growth which is usually smoother, healthier and less wrinkled compared to the old skin.
- Improve skin texture and radiance
- Help maintain firm skin
- Diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Even-out skin tone
- Help acne-prone skin
- Revitalize sensitive skin while decongesting pores
Our Signature Medical Facial is a three-step clinical procedure combining exfoliation, chemical peel solution, and a Vitamin C firming masque, to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, hyperpigmentation, laxity, dullness, and skin imperfections.
During the peel your skin will be cleansed and toned and the chemical peel will be applied to your skin using a gentle brush, swab or gauze and the peel will be left on the skin for between two and five minutes, during which time some patients may experience a mild tingling or a mild burning sensation. The procedure is not painful. After the peel a cool compresses may be applied to the skin. Your skin will be moisturized and an antioxidant and a sun screen will be applied to the skin.
WHAT TO EXPECT
After your peel you may notice that the skin is more red than usual for two hours afterwards, you may also notice that the skin feels tight or dry and or you may experience some very mild flaky skin for a few days. Rarely you may experience crusting of the skin, swelling or a reactivation of cold sores.
- 4-6 clinical procedures spaced 4 weeks apart are recommended to obtain desired and realistic results.
- Once desired results are achieved, clinical maintenance is recommended every 1-2 months with acid-free clinical procedures or treatments.
- To obtain optimal results, a patient must be on an integrated skincare program that includes a customized homecare program, clinical procedures, and professional treatments.
POSSIBLE DOWNTIME: No downtime.
POST TREATMENT CARE
- Do not pick any spots or peel off any flaky skin.
- Do not use Alpha Hydroxy Acids or BetaHydroxy Acids on your skin for 24 hours.
- It is imperative that you use a sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30 and avoid direct sunlight for at least one month.
- Patients with hypersensitivity to the sun should take extra precautions to guard against exposure immediately following the procedure, as they may be more sensitive following the peel.
- Please avoid strenuous activity for 24 hours.
- When washing your face do not scrub, use a gentle cleanser for sensitive skin.
- Apply a light moisturiser such as hydrating B5 as often as needed to relieve dryness and tightness.
- Do not have any other facial treatment for at least one week after the peel.